slovensko english
 


Our predecessors, Slavko and Angela Mencinger

On a medieval square of the Upper Carniolan town Radovljica, a name dating back to before 1333, stands a house with more than 500 years of history, in which the popular inn Lectar has been in business for over 180 years. It was first opened to the public in 1822 on the premises of a chandlery and bakery known mostly for its lect or gingerbread hearts, which is how the inn got its name and trademark.


The Lectar kitchen of times past

Marija Dovžan, as godmother, wife of the man who owned Lectar after 1906


The medieval square during the 19th century (1870)


A receipt from 1893, a time when the then proprietor Franc Rabič was supplying meals to the prisons of Radovljica

 



The garden at Lectar - white tablecloths and abundant
greenery are still characteristic of Lectar


Marija Dovžan (middle), her successor Ivanka Magister (right)
and the cook


Potatoes were a must even back then


A written record of a brawl which took place in front of the
inn in 1893


The waitresses at Lecter have always been neat and tidy

 

 

 

 

food offer | the interior | rooms | price list | special offer | reservations | museum | products | How it`s made | about us | history | in the vicinity | contacts | gallery | weddings | home
© Gostilna Lectar 2009 webdesign: BlurDesign